Wednesday 27 November 2013

Ceramics

Today we did a ceramics workshop in which we learnt the charactistics of two types of clay and that been normal pottery clay and a sand like substance but which still acts as clay. We were experimenting in the texture and objects in which you can create with clay and I decided to create a small vase at first with curved edges which I uploaded a picture of but then the edges began to get too thin and weak and the fixture was beginning to get more wide, so I rolled my clay back up into a tight even ball and decided to create a rabbit so I shaped the circle as the head and then used two more pieces of clay to shape into the ears and because they were quite large I applied the heat gun for 10 seconds to harden the clay. I then used some material and done wallpaper to use a tolling pin sand press the detail from them into the rabbit ears which in hoping will look effective later. I then also shaped the face more to create hollow eyes and the rabbits snout and left to harden and to transform, I also needed to add colour but I didn't have enough time do I am hoping to do this in the next workshop.



No comments:

Post a Comment