Saturday 16 March 2013

Portrait of Cara Delevingne







 
 

Ive started a portrait of Cara Delevingne on a canvas because it has become part of my artist research and my starting point for putting Cara on a patch within my quilt. I started this portrait 2 weeks ago and its still on going because whilst researching into more and more artists i'm discovering more and more techniques in the painting and how to apply the paint, my first artist that influenced this piece was Rosa Fedele, she's not very well known but I admire how her pieces aren't all accurate but still have meaning to them. After completeing this portrait I am hoping to then either transform it into a heat transfer to its on a patch of material that can be added within my quilt or I had an idea of cutting it off the canvas board and sewing into it, i'm just unsure of which I would get the most benefit and best standard out of. But once I've finished this canvas I am there going to create a face using different fabrics on my 2nd canvas and look into artists and textile designs that do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment