Thursday 4 October 2012

Screen printing onto paper


For my first experiment for Screen printing I did a blend of two different contrasting colors onto paper. The colors I used were orange and blue because these are both opposite each other on a color scale so contrast off each other. I did my experiment on paper instead of material at first because I wanted to plan out my ideas and could make improvements. With this screen print, on the top of the mesh I put mainly the orange pigment paint, then added a slight bit of blue pigment paint to see the outcome, I think it was very successfully because it only added blue to individual sections to emphasis the difference in the two colors and the blend they create. I also thought the two colors really contrasted off the background and created a vibrant print, and when doing the print I also repeated the process of moving the squeegee up and down the woven mesh various times to create a deep color. Furthermore, with this I wanted to experiment even further so I could see the effect of puff binder, dye, sewing or more printing on my piece.
So I cut my piece into 4 different sections and looked into different experiments I could apply to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment