Saturday 11 May 2013

Blending colours when dying fabric

 







 
 
On Friday I began dying up my fabric to be printed onto because all my 3 screens are now complete and ready to be used. I wanted to create a different technique when applying my dye because I feel if you apply dye when the fabric is flat on the table your always going to get the same effects which is flat & bold colour, so I decided to experiment with the way i applied my dye.
So I lightly celotaped the fabric to a shelf just above the sink and then used Blue, Green, Orange, Yellow, Pink and Purple Procion dyes and dabbed only half a teaspoon amount at the top of the fabric of each colour and then added half a cup of water gradually, then id apply more dye where needed or drop it from a higher distance so it created the effect on the right side of the fabric. I wanted this experiment to show my full potential for trying different techniques to create the effect I wanted. I appreciate how the colour runs down the fabric and blends into each Procion Dye so that their not bold and flat colours, and I think this relates to my project a lot because this project has been very bright and vibrant within its colours and I've been using very sketchy and textured techniques.

No comments:

Post a Comment