Sunday 2 June 2013

Repeated screen print on Cotton Fabric


With this sample I decided to keep a plain background because like the previous print I wanted the detail to stand out more than the background because on other samples I have been presenting a vibrant and contrasting background for a screen print to kind to show detail by the bright background coming through.
So therefore I decided to use Jacks design for this which is the design of a face cut up then recreated with shadowing and texture, and I used this because it has a lot of sketchy detail and I wanted to use dark colors and make this detail really stand out against the white background, so therefore my first screen print was with Brown Pigment paint and I place a small even amount at the top of my screen above my design of Jack with the opposing design masked off, and then used my squeegee to do 2-3 strokes over the design up and down to press the pigment paint into my design. I then quickly took off the remanding Brown pigment paint off the screen and replaced it with the Orange Pigment paint by spreading an even amount across the top of the design then repeating the process by using the squeegee to spread the amount over my design and onto my fabric. For the second Orange Pigment paint print I moved my screen slightly to the right so that the design wasn't precisely on top of the other because this would ruine the detail and this is what effect Pakayla Beihn created with his own work.
I like this screen print for that face that it represents my sketchy detail I've used throughout my sheetwork and artist research and it represents looking closer to reveal a face but also I dont appreciate the two colours I chose because I feel they dont compliment each other at all and that they dont contrast againist each other and seem bold and boring, if I did this screen print again I would use colours that contrasted againist each other and the background and I would repeat the screen print of Jack more times then worked back into it with Acrylic paints.

No comments:

Post a Comment