Sunday 2 December 2012

My plaited bag handles


For the end product of this project we were creating a bag in the style of our theme. So for my bad handles I decided to do plaited ones because I wanted to have handles that were big, fat & wooley to represent winter and it been all about big wooley clothing. So I collected lots of different style of wool and in different shades of winter colours (dark blues, light blues, purples, whites, greys etc), and measured then all at 120cm, I then made sure I had 35 pieces of wool of each plait. Furtheremore, I then plaited the each handle as tightly as I could to ensure there was plenty of strength in the handles for customer standard. I liked the outcome of the plaits because I felt it was something different to do for the handles as it brought winter into it and I liked the blend of the colours the plaits created because it was an even blend of all the colours and the handles were really strong for the weight of the bag. My ideas were for when adding the handles to my bag I would sew them to the outside of the bag and then sew either a large button or attach a bow so you couldnt see the sewing marks where I'd attached the plaits.

No comments:

Post a Comment