Sunday 2 December 2012

Repeated screen prints onto Viscos fabric


For this sample I used Viscos fabric because I didnt want to stick to Cotton fabric throughout the whole of my project, I wanted to experiment the effects of techniques onto fabrics with different properties. So I therefore used Viscos knowing its a very thin and delicate fabric to work onto or into so I decided to only do screen prints onto it because any weaving or knitting into it would ruine the fabric and the strength of it. So with black pigment paint I did a screen print three times and each time I moved the board slightly along the material and ran the squeegee up and down the board 3-4 times. I felt this piece went sucessfull because it showed all the detail and showed my artists influences from Tali Furman and her ways of geometric, symetry and repitition of designs to create interesting work.

No comments:

Post a Comment