Sunday 2 December 2012

Screen print, Heat Transfer & Embroidery


This was one of main samples I really worked into and felt really showed the best of my ability. I did this sample on cotton material as I wanted a strong material to withstand the techniques I was going to apply to it. So firstly in Blue B pigment paint I applied two screen prints, both going into each other to create the effects Tali Furman creates in her, by symetry and geometric effects. The screen prints worked well because the Blue againist the white background made the colours compliment each other so it worked well. Afterwards I then chose the front page of my sketchbook to put onto magic touch paper because i painted a wolf and I felt it was a very detailed and representive piece towards winter, so I transferred it onto magic touch paper to then heat transfer onto my cotton fabric. I placed it in the middle of the deers anterlers to make the wolves face the main attention of the piece. To transfer this wolf onto my orginal Cotton fabric I had to place it into the heat transfer press upside down on the cotton at 180 degree's for 18 seconds to ensure the painting was put onto the fabric. Afterwards I wanted to bring fashion into this piece, so I used embroidery on the sewing machine to sew a face into the wolf with black cotton, I did this because when it comes to winter fashion after the research I did I discovered that it has a lot to do with big wooly scarves interpretated by animals and hats and gloves that have animals faces on them. So I sewed a womans face on top of wolves to show a woman wearing a wolf scarf  which I think looked effective towards bringing fashion into my sample. Overall I really enjoyed doing this piece because I thought the way I presented it was very effective and logical.

No comments:

Post a Comment