Sunday 2 December 2012

Screen print onto Azeta fabric


For this sample, I chose to do a different type of fabric to see how the techniques worked & looked against it. So I chose Azeta fabric which again is very delicate and thin like Viscos to work on, but by working on Azeta I would learn more on its properties. So I did a screen print in Brown & turquoise pigment paint, and did half of the pigment paint on each side of the print to show the effects of the colours on the material which is making the colours darker and losing their colour because there against  a dark background. For the background I dyed it in Blue B procion dye to see the effect the screen prints had against it, but before adding the screen prints I pressed the material in a Heat Press at 180 degree's for 18 seconds to press the colour into the fibres then I washed it to get rid of any loose fibres. This was my least favourite example because the colours look mucky and discoloured on it and I felt I didnt work on it enough, If i could of changed anything it would of een to add more techniques to it but I felt the matieral was too thin and delicate to add more techniques to.

No comments:

Post a Comment